R. Cris Palmer (Richard Crist Palmer, Jr.)
With nearly three decades of experience in real estate closings, Attorney Palmer provides thoughtful counsel and dedicated representation to clients in all aspects of land transfer; including contract review and negotiation, title research and examination, remedy of title defects, and mortgage financing. He is familiar with federally mandated RESPA requirements, the Connecticut Standards of Title, and closing customs for New London County and other counties throughout Connecticut.
Attorney Palmer also counsels individuals and families in estate planning matters; including the drafting of Wills and Trusts, Health Care appointments and directives, and Powers of Attorney. He regularly practices before Probate Courts throughout Connecticut in matters of decedents’ estates, conservatorship and guardianship.
A graduate of both Pine Point School in Stonington and St. Bernard High School in Uncasville, Attorney Palmer has resided in the town of Stonington, Connecticut since childhood and maintained an office in town since being admitted to practice law in 1991.
- Connecticut Superior Court, 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1991
- Western New England University School of Law, 1990 (Juris Doctor)
- Eastern Connecticut State University, 1987 (Bachelor of Arts)
- Connecticut Justice of the Peace, Town of Stonington, CT
- Trustee, Elm Grove Cemetery Association, Mystic, CT
- Municipal Land Records Examiner, Towns of Stonington & Ledyard, CT
- Registrar of Voters, Town of Stonington, CT (1997-2000)
- Economic Development Commissioner, Town of Stonington, CT (1993-1994)