Mr. Leckerling is former general counsel for two New York Stock Exchange listed, Fortune 500 companies. His practice includes corporate and business matters and estate planning and administration.
He represents domestic and international closely-held businesses and has extensive experience in merger and asset acquisition transactions and corporate issues including: financing, litigation, environmental compliance, intellectual property, and labor, employment and compensation matters.
He is a former Partner at the regional law firms of Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP and Tyler Cooper LLP, and served as the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Echlin Inc. and Dana Corporation’s Aftermarket Parts Group and before that as the Vice President and General Counsel of Armtek Corporation and The Armstrong Rubber Company. In the estate planning area, he is often called upon to provide counsel and continuity for his clients’ next generation trusts and for their estates.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Washington and Lee University, J.D., 1978
Managing Editor, Washington & Lee Law Review, 1977 – 1978
Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Society
- United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S., 1970
- First Congregational Church, Madison: Past Chairperson, Finance Commission
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Interfaith Refugee Committee, Lost Boys of Sudan Project, Sponsor
- Madison Foundation, Inc., Board Member
- Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Chairman of the Board of Directors